An annual comprehensive eye exam at Unionville Optometry is your best defense against vision loss, and is an important part of maintaining your overall health.
Post Ccovid-19 Updates and Information
We are excited to let you know that we are re-opening our doors on June 3rd and are looking forward seeing you all soon. As you might expect some of the things that we do will be different in order to accommodate our regulatory College requirements, provincial Health Guidelines as well as The WHO and CDC recommendations.
The last few months have been very busy for us as we have taken the time to adopt the most comprehensive protocols to re-open safely and efficiently while we work hard to give you the best available eye care. Here is what you can expect:
When we open our doors on June 9th, we will have expanded office hours to accommodate social distancing as follows;
Monday – Thursday 8am -8pm
** Please do not arrive without an appointment
• Patients and staff will be screened for COVID symptoms and potential Covid contact.
• Patients and staff will also be screened for temperature and oxygen levels
• All staff will be wearing medical masks, eye protection and gloves.
• Patients should come to the office with a mask otherwise one will be provided before entering the clinic and will be asked to wash their hands before pretesting begins
Plexiglass Shield on Reception desk
• Plexiglass shields have been installed at our front desk , and on our slit lamp microscopes.
New air sterilization Units
Above and beyond requirements
• We have installed a large air purifier that combines mechanical filters, silver HEPA, sirocco fan and VK sterilization reactor cell. It is effective against viruses bacteria, fungi, mold and ozone
• Each exam room will have its own air purifier that cleans and sanitizes the air 5x/hour using medical grade HEPA filters, carbon filters and uv lights.
Additional cleaning and Sanitizing •cleaning and sanitizing before and after each patient
• We are sanitizing high touch areas/ surfaces frequently throughout the day
• Just as before, we sterilize all instruments before and after each patient
•We will be doing more diagnostic testing on each patient before seeing the doctor to make appointments thorough and efficient.
• Our optical dispensary will be open by appointment
• All frames will be sterilized before and after they have been tried on.
- appointments that do not require an in office visit will be provided using the tele-health.
• We are limiting the number of patients in office to help promote social distancing
• Please do not bring anyone with you unless you require assistance or a translator
Booking Your Appointment
• All office visits are currently by appointment only; including frame adjustments and glasses selection.
• This system will allow us to ensure that someone is available to help you with exactly what you need when you arrive to your appointment.
Online Intake Forms
• We have implemented an online intake form system. Intake forms can now be filled out easily on your mobile device or computer before arriving to your exam. They will be sent to you by email at the time of booking and will include a COVID screening questionnaire.
Arriving To Your Appointment
• Please notify us by phone that you have arrived, and wait in your vehicle. All patients will be screened with a COVID questionnaire, non contact thermometer and Oxygen level check before being escorted into the office
•if you do not have a face mask one will be supplied
• Once entering the office we ask that you keep talking to a minimum
•wash your hands or use hand sanitizer
• Please leave your personal belongings besides your most current glasses at home or in your car. Please do not bring old glasses that you do not use.
• If you wear contact lenses, we ask that you arrive wearing your glasses.
End of Appointment Consultation
•End of appointment consultations will now occur remotely.
•Please ensure that you have supplied your cell number so that the doctor can call you while you are waiting in your vehicle.
Online Shopping – Delivery or Curbside pick up.
• Our online store live. Shop online at your convenience to purchase your contact lenses, artificial tears, fish oil supplements, and skin care products with delivery and free curb-side pickup available.
• Glasses and sunglasses coming soon
• We have implemented a touch-less payment system. Your credit card information will be collected securely before your appointment and will be processed after your appointment has been completed. Your receipts and prescription will be available as a hard copy and by email.
Our staff are now booking patients for routine care, glasses selection, and dry eye treatments. Please call 905-477-4488 or Email email@example.com to book your eye exam. Appointments can also be scheduled with our Optician. Find your most flattering frames!
As we have instituted so many changes we ask for your patience as we all adjust to this new normal.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Dr David Innamorato
Dr Krista Innamorato and
Dr Mark Innamorato
Contact Our Markham Optometrists
Unionville Optometry services patients throughout the Greater Toronto Area including Markham, Newmarket, Vaughan, Stouffville, Richmond Hill, Pickering, and North York, among others.
To inquire about any of our eye care services or to book a professional eye exam with our Markham optometrists Dr. David Innamorato, Dr. Krista Innamorato, or Dr. Mark Innamorato, call us at 905-477-4488.